SR-22 insurance is a requirement for drivers who have been convicted of certain driving offenses in Georgia. This type of insurance can be expensive, but it can also have some benefits.
**Pros of SR-22 Insurance
- Helps you keep your driver’s license. If you are required to file an SR-22 form, you must maintain the required level of insurance for the specified period of time. This can help you avoid having your driver’s license suspended or revoked.
- May lower your insurance rates in the future. If you maintain your SR-22 insurance and have a clean driving record, you may be able to lower your insurance rates in the future.
- Provides peace of mind. Knowing that you have the required level of insurance can give you peace of mind, knowing that you are protected in the event of an accident.
**Cons of SR-22 Insurance
- Is more expensive than regular car insurance. SR-22 insurance is typically more expensive than regular car insurance because it is designed to cover high-risk drivers.
- Can be a hassle to maintain. You will need to keep your insurance company informed of any changes to your address or your vehicle. You may also need to provide proof of insurance to the DDS periodically.
- May not be available from all insurance companies. Not all insurance companies offer SR-22 insurance. You may need to shop around to find an insurance company that will provide this type of coverage.
**Overall, SR-22 insurance can have both pros and cons. If you are required to file an SR-22 form, you should weigh the benefits and drawbacks carefully before deciding whether to purchase this type of insurance.
I hope this article has been helpful. If you have any further questions about SR-22 insurance in Georgia, please contact your insurance company or the DDS.