DL123 is a form that proves to the North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles (NCDMV) that you have at least the minimum amount of liability car insurance required to drive a vehicle registered in North Carolina. The form is also known as the “Proof of Financial Responsibility” form.
Who needs to file DL123?
There are a few different groups of people who may need to file DL123:
- Drivers who have been convicted of a DUI or DWI in North Carolina.
- Drivers who have had their license suspended or revoked in North Carolina.
- Drivers who are applying for a new driver’s license in North Carolina.
- Drivers who are transferring their driver’s license to North Carolina from another state.
How to file DL123
You can file DL123 online, by mail, or in person at an NCDMV office. If you file online, you will need to create an account and provide your driver’s license number, date of birth, and other personal information. If you file by mail, you will need to download the form from the NCDMV website and mail it to the address provided. If you file in person, you will need to go to an NCDMV office and bring the completed form with you.
Cost of filing DL123
The cost of filing DL123 varies depending on how you file it. If you file online, the cost is $2.00. If you file by mail, the cost is $3.00. If you file in person, the cost is $4.00.
DL123 is a important form that proves you have the minimum amount of liability car insurance required to drive in North Carolina. If you are in one of the groups of people who need to file DL123, be sure to do so as soon as possible.
- The NCDMV website has more information about DL123, including the form itself, instructions on how to file, and a list of frequently asked questions.
- You can also contact the NCDMV at 1-800-662-7287 for more information.