If you’ve been convicted of a driving offense that requires you to file an SR-22 form, you know that it can be difficult to find affordable insurance. SR-22 insurance is a type of high-risk insurance that is required by some states after certain driving offenses. It can be expensive, but there are ways to find affordable rates.
In this blog post, we will discuss what SR-22 insurance is, why it’s so expensive, and how you can find affordable rates. We will also provide some tips for getting the best deal on SR-22 insurance.
What is SR-22 Insurance?
An SR-22 form is a certificate of financial responsibility that is filed with your state’s Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). It shows that you have met your state’s minimum auto liability insurance requirements. SR-22 insurance is required by some states after certain driving offenses, such as a DUI, reckless driving, or multiple moving violations.
Why is SR-22 Insurance So Expensive?
SR-22 insurance is expensive because it is considered to be high-risk insurance. Drivers who are required to file an SR-22 form are more likely to be involved in accidents, so insurance companies charge higher rates to cover their risks.
How to Find Affordable SR-22 Insurance
There are a few things you can do to find affordable SR-22 insurance:
- Shop around: Get quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Consider a smaller insurance company: Smaller insurance companies may be more willing to work with you to find affordable rates.
- Ask about discounts: Some insurance companies offer discounts for things like good driving records, anti-theft devices, and safety courses.
- Consider non-owner insurance: If you don’t own a car, you may be able to get non-owner insurance. This type of insurance does not cover damage to your own car, but it can cover damage to other cars if you are involved in an accident.
Tips for Getting the Best Deal on SR-22 Insurance
- Get your quotes early: The sooner you get your quotes, the more likely you are to get the best rates.
- Be prepared to provide information: Insurance companies will need to know about your driving record, the type of car you drive, and your financial situation.
- Be patient: It may take some time to find the best deal on SR-22 insurance.
Finding affordable SR-22 insurance can be a challenge, but it is possible. By following the tips in this blog post, you can increase your chances of finding a good deal.
If you have any questions about SR-22 insurance, please contact your insurance agent. They can help you understand your state’s requirements and find the best coverage for your needs.