The new school year is just around the corner, and parents in Greenville County are starting to get ready. Here is a look at what you need to know about back to school in Greenville County:
- First day of school: The first day of school for Greenville County Schools is Tuesday, August 8, 2023.Opens in a new windowtwitter.comGreenville County Schools sign
- School hours: School hours vary by school, but most schools start at 7:45 AM and end at 2:30 PM.
- Supply lists: Supply lists are available online or at your child’s school.Opens in a new windowwww.fcps1.orgGreenville County Schools supply list
- Back-to-school events: There are a number of back-to-school events happening in Greenville County, including:
- Back-to-School Bash: This event is for students in grades K-5 and will be held on Saturday, August 5, 2023 from 10 AM to 2 PM at the Greenville Convention Center. There will be games, activities, and giveaways.Opens in a new windowallevents.inBack-to-School Bash Greenville County
- Back-to-School Fair: This event is for students in grades 6-12 and will be held on Saturday, August 5, 2023 from 10 AM to 2 PM at the Greenville Convention Center. There will be vendors, information sessions, and giveaways.Opens in a new windowwww.fcps1.orgBack-to-School Fair Greenville County
- Transportation: Bus transportation is available for all students in Greenville County.Opens in a new windowgreenvillejournal.comGreenville County Schools bus transportation
- Lunch: Lunch is provided for all students in Greenville County.Opens in a new windowwww.foodservicedirector.comGreenville County Schools lunch
- Technology: All students in Greenville County are issued a laptop computer.Opens in a new windowwww.postandcourier.comGreenville County Schools laptop computer
I hope this information helps you get ready for the new school year in Greenville County!
Here are some additional tips for back to school:
- Start planning early: Make a list of everything you need and start shopping early.
- Get organized: Set up a homework space and make sure your child has all the supplies they need.
- Talk to your child about their expectations: Discuss what they hope to learn and achieve this year.
- Be positive: Help your child stay excited about school and learning.
The new school year is a time of new beginnings and excitement. By following these tips, you can help your child have a successful start to the year.